about me

My photo
I love Classic Rock and The Blues, old houses and antique stained glass.  I like walks in the woods, nature photography, and looking at the stars. 

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Thrift and Generosity

I have been reading a book named "Thrift and Generosity..The Joy of Giving" by John M. Templeton Jr., MD. This is a book we all should be reading. In these uncertain times of stress and financial turmoil, the wisdom of saving and of giving may seen an oxymoron, but this book puts everything in perspective. Good advise. Good read.

I especially liked the words of wisdom taken from The Bible, The Talmud, Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, Kahlil Gibran and others.

Sometimes the words of old tell it best.

We should take time to consider how our actions and attitudes influence the world in which we live.

"One man gives freely, yet gains evermore;
Another withholds unduly, but comes to poverty.
A generous man will prosper;
He who refreshes others, will himself be refreshed."

Poetry from Proverbs 11:24-25.

No comments: