about me

My photo
I love Classic Rock and The Blues, old houses and antique stained glass.  I like walks in the woods, nature photography, and looking at the stars. 

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Palin???

Sarah Palin...a big question mark for the John McCain campaign. Yes, she is a "Maverick" like McCain; yes, she is a very likable person (a soccer-mom, if you will) and yes, she is a well respected governor of the state of Alaska. I have tried to find fault with her personally, tried to dislike her; but I can't.

However, I still question McCain's judgement in picking her as his running mate and a potential second in command of our country. What was he thinking?? or was he thinking?? Is this VP pick an example of his leadership style?? Sort of "Shoot first, and ask questions later" approach to governing?? I don't like it.

For someone who has had years, and I do mean years, to select a vice-president running mate, why did he pick an unknown...unknown not only to the USA in general, but also unknown to him as well? Why take a chance like this? Desperation comes to mind, but also ignorance of what we need in the White House, manipulation of the Republican base, and arrogance in thinking he could control her every move until elected.

McCain needed a Cheerleader and he got one. I don't care how much the Republican Party spent on her hair, clothes, and make-up. What I do care about is her reckless name-calling and labeling of Barack Obama and the Democratic Party. Palin was hired to do the dirty work of McCain...that keeps his hands clean. And McCain also has a fall guy to blame when things don't work out.

We all vote for various reasons and philosophies, but I hope when you do get in that election booth, you consider not only the policies our parties represent, but also the manner in which they are presented. Vote for the person you feel will make the best President and Vice-President for our country and who will represent us best in the world arena.

No comments: