about me

My photo
I love Classic Rock and The Blues, old houses and antique stained glass.  I like walks in the woods, nature photography, and looking at the stars. 

Saturday, September 27, 2008

I want it now

After my big rant yesterday about Wall Street and the financial bailout, I began to think more about how this financial situation could have been allowed to happen. I was blaming the "Big Guys" up in Washington, DC. But I really began to worry about how this mess was going to effect me personally. The operative word being "me." I have grown up in a "me, me, me" culture. I have contributed to this climate of greed and recklessness. I have been guilty of saying "I want it, and I want it now."

I have a job that pays decent money; however, I expect my bank or credit union to give me easy credit when I "need" it. We all have laughed at the number of credit cards and bank offers we receive. Maybe all this easy money comes at a price we have been willing to ignore. We all knew something was just not quite right about it.

Well...now it is time to pay the piper.

No comments: