about me

My photo
I love Classic Rock and The Blues, old houses and antique stained glass.  I like walks in the woods, nature photography, and looking at the stars. 

Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Eagles concert

Saw the Eagles in concert last Thursday. Still conflicted about it. The sound and harmony was outstanding, I sang along with all my favorites, and also enjoyed all their new "Out of Eden" tour music. I had a great time with my friends and the evening was very, very nice. Joe Walsh is my new hero. He can play those guitars! However, the entire "show" was so, so organized and choreographed that I felt a little uncomfortable with their lack of enthusiasm; it was like the "Stepford Eagles" and I felt they were just doing their job, getting it done with efficiency, and then clocking out and going home. I know they are a laid back band, and I know we haven't gotten any younger; but the whole thing was just too rehearsed for my tastes. Maybe I'm just comparing the joy and energy put forth by Bruce Springsteen when I saw him in concert last month, and I was expecting the same "concert feeling." But whatever I was looking for...I left with a peaceful, but uneasy feeling about the concert.

No comments: