about me

My photo
I love Classic Rock and The Blues, old houses and antique stained glass.  I like walks in the woods, nature photography, and looking at the stars. 

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Buy low?

I decided to buy stocks. Always heard to "buy low" so I decided now was a good time.

I have invested in retirement mutual funds before, but this time I decided that I would buy individual company stocks. I would love to be that old lady who is worth millions because she was wise enough to buy Coca-Cola or Frito-Lay back before they became house-hold names.

I bought shares in Sirius-XM radio (SIRI) at $0.25 a share. HA! now it is worth half as much, but I still have hope. The Motley Fool just proclaimed it the worst stock of the 2008 year! What do they know.

I also bought Apple, IBM, Google. Wish me the best. I know I will need it, especially if I expect to become that rich old lady before I retire.

I hope to buy stock in what I know, or in what product I use or company I admire. It is fun to guess how the market will go and watch the ups and downs. Eastman Kodak (EK) just surprised me with a huge drop in value, but I am going to hang in there. Just you watch me. Look out Wall Street!

No comments: