about me

My photo
I love Classic Rock and The Blues, old houses and antique stained glass.  I like walks in the woods, nature photography, and looking at the stars. 

Friday, December 12, 2008

Senate Balks at Bailout

The auto industry bailout is not a done deal. The UAW has refused to give concessions in pay and benefits. At one time I would have applauded the UAW move, but watching more and more Americans lose their jobs has given me less tolerance for the highly paid auto worker.

I look at how much a policeman makes, or a teacher...

and I wonder...is this fair??

If the auto industry wants to be competitive, the auto industry will have to be like any other business and trim it's budget when necessary. Don't expect the rest of the country to be sympathetic when the rest of us have to deal with budget cuts as a way of life.

I realize that there is a trickle down effect. When the auto industry doesn't prosper, it effects many others down the road. The industry needs to realize that there are many others (who do not make the guaranteed high wages) who are effected by their industry. Somehow I don't think these lower paid workers are very happy when the auto workers aren't willing to give a little during times like these.

No comments: