about me

My photo
I love Classic Rock and The Blues, old houses and antique stained glass.  I like walks in the woods, nature photography, and looking at the stars. 

Saturday, December 6, 2008

My Dad was a "Ford Man"

My father was a loyal "Ford Man." He couldn't understand why anyone would want to buy any other kind of car. He often preached "Buy American."

Is that so wrong?

But what about free enterprise? Choice? Getting to buy the best product for the money?

No one wants to encourage protectionism in the global economy of today, but should we offer incentives to buy American? Maybe instead we should just encourage the auto industry to make a car we would be interested in buying. If the problem is the auto industry's lack of responding to the market, why are we bailing them out???

Americans should be just as proud to say they bought a new Ford as my father used to be. The know-how is there, the research is there, and the ability to make a more fuel efficient car is there.

Get with it, Big Three.

No comments: