about me

My photo
I love Classic Rock and The Blues, old houses and antique stained glass.  I like walks in the woods, nature photography, and looking at the stars. 

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Le Gret, The Great

Greta has been my friend and "watch dog" for 15 years. She found me at the local Humane Society Shelter. Things were a little rocky at first; Greta was already two years old when she came to live with me. She had apparently been mistreated.

We went through a time when she didn't quite trust me. We eventually worked it out though, and now I can't imagine life with out her. But that is the problem. I know her time is limited. I believe she is actually on borrowed time. She is like any elderly creature, with all the ailments of one who has lived a good long life...

It hurts to see her struggle through her aches and pains, but she knows she is cared for and loved. I sometimes feel I am being selfish by holding on, but she still likes to go for short walks, sit in the yard and smell the breeze, and beg the postman for a dog treats. Greta, "The Great" is my dog. She is one of a kind.

No comments: