about me

My photo
I love Classic Rock and The Blues, old houses and antique stained glass.  I like walks in the woods, nature photography, and looking at the stars. 

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Azul = Blue


Do you ever wake up with the blues? I'm talking about THE Blues. That is B.B. King, Eric Clapton, KoKo Taylor, Marion James, Robert Cray, Buddy Guy, Etta James. I could listen to the Allman Brothers, Delbert McClinton, Leon Russell, Bonnie Raitt and of course the late Stevie Ray Vaughan...all day long. "The Sky is Crying" by SRV is the best of the best.

I was first introduced to the singing of the blues by my brother, who was singing some song about some woman who had left him to go to some store to get some chicken. I was rolling in laughter since I thought he was making it up as he went along, but he said no, no, it was a real song..."The Chicken Leg Blues."

Now I love The Blues in all shapes and forms, from Robert Johnson on up the evolutionary tree. A good blues guitar can set you free. The Blues are in every one's life. The songs can be serious, or silly. The songs speak of truth and of emotion, of love and of loss. I can't add all the artists I love to this list, but the one thing I do know for sure, whether we want to or not; occasionally, we will all get The Blues.

No comments: